There are several types of information we collect. These include:
- Automatically Collected Information
- Information Collected for Tracking and Customization (Cookies)
- Personal Information
- Information from Children
- Information maintained within Privacy Act Systems of Records
Regan Tech will only share your information with another government agency if it relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We may share information with private organizations as part of a service that provides.gov users with increased capabilities or functionality on the site. Regan Tech never creates individual profiles.
Automatically Collected Information
- Cookies & Google Analytics on Websites
- Opt out of Google Analytics Cookies
We collect and temporarily store certain technical information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes. This information includes:
- The Internet domain from which you access our Web site (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from an educational domain);
- The IP address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our Web site;
- The type of browser (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) used to access our site;
- The operating system (Windows, Mac) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The URLs of the pages you visit;
- Your username, if it was used to log in to the Web site; and
- If you visited this Regan Tech Web site from another Web site, the URL of the forwarding site.
- Anonymous summary demographic information about our visitors such as gender, age range, and areas of interest for adults over the age of 18. We do this by using Google Demographic and Interests reports. When you visit a website that has partnered with the Google Display Network, Google stores a number in your browser using a persistent cookie to remember your visits. This number uniquely identifies a web browser, not a specific person. Browsers may be associated with a demographic category, such as gender or age range, based on the sites that were visited. This demographic information is used to help us better understand our visitors’ interests and needs to more effectively develop content to serve you. This information is generally used to help us make our site more useful for you. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. Although the primary purpose of automatically collecting this kind of information is not to track individuals who visit this site, in certain circumstances and consistent with Federal law, Regan Tech may take additional steps to identify you using this information and may share this information, including your identity, with other agencies. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only.
Information Collected for Tracking and Customization (Cookies)
Regan Tech Web sites may use session cookies for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through the site, or to allow you to customize your preferences for interacting with the site. A few Regan Tech Web sites may also make use of persistent cookies to remember you between visits so, for example, you can save your customized preference settings for future visits. Each Regan Tech site using persistent cookies identifies itself as doing so. If you do not wish to have session or persistent cookies stored on your machine, you can turn them off in your browser. However, this may affect the functioning of some Regan Tech Web sites.
Providing Information to Third Parties
Regan Tech does not collect information from users who do not use the feature.
Remember that email isn’t necessarily secure. You should never send sensitive or personal information like your Social Security number in an email. Use postal mail or secure Web sites instead.
Some of our Web sites ask visitors who request specific information to fill out a registration form. For example, vendors looking for marketing opportunities by visiting our Regan Tech Acquisition Internet Service site may be asked to register to obtain email notices of business opportunities. Other information collected at Web sites through questionnaires, feedback forms, or other means, enables us to determine visitors’ interests, with the goal of providing better service to our customers.
Interaction with Children
We collect no information about you or your child, other than that detailed in the previous section, when you visit our web site unless you choose to provide information to us. When a Regan Tech Web site needs to collect information about a child under 13 years old, COPPA
required information and instructions will be provided by the specific Web page that collects information about the child. The Web page will specify exactly what the information will be used for, who will see it, and how long it will be kept.
There are several exceptions that permit collection of a child’s email address without receiving parental consent in advance:
- To provide the parents with notice and to seek consent for communications with the child. Note: this may require collection of the parent’s email address as well.
- To respond to a one time request from a child.
- To respond more than once to a child’s request; i.e., subscription to a newsletter. However, parental consent is required prior to the second communication.
- To protect the safety of a child who is participating on the site; i.e., in a chat room.
- To protect the site or to respond to law enforcement; i.e., in the case of a Web site compromise.
Personal information about children under 13 years of age may be needed to respond to his/her communication to us, such as to receive a poster or to acquire information for a school project. Personal information about your child will be destroyed immediately upon completion of its intended purpose. On rare occasions, it may be determined that a communication from a child under 13 years old should be maintained for historical purposes. Should such an occasion occur, REGAN will obtain the necessary consent from the child’s parent.
Finally, we provide many on-line tools and services in support of REGAN’s mission. A child under 13 years old may inadvertently provide personal information to one of these services. If this should happen, the information about the child will be deleted immediately upon discovery.
Information maintained within Privacy Act Systems of Records